Wednesday 25 January 2012

Catherine's version of a Canadian dragon cake! Much cheaper and still as effective.

I didn't make that beautiful dragon cake I posted about last week for my students.  It was going to be way too expensive and I didn't think I'd be allowed to claim $50-$60 if not more of candy.  Last night Catherine, from Catherine's Chatter posted the dragon cake that was made for the children that her daughter celebrated Chinese New Year with!  Now, why didn't I think of that!   As Chinese New Year almost always falls around Valentines Day the candy hearts are readily available.  Next year maybe my students will get lucky!  Not much news to report except I made a phone call to the attorney general's office in Victoria yesterday and spoke with an extremely kind and helpful lady.  I am posting from school and wonder whether my crim check is waiting for me at home ? ? ?  I doubt it, but one can hope.  Off to a waiting parents information meeting tonight about adopting from the Ministry.  Tomorrow is travel clinic day and the first round of shots!

No comments:

Post a Comment