Thursday 27 October 2011

I finally got my home study in my hot little hands!

I finally got approval and complete signing off on my home study.  The home study was actually started on June 14th.  I had six sessions with my social worker here at the apartment and then one at school on September 16 at which time we both signed.  My ticker has been counting from Sept. 16.  I have been approved to adopt a child either internationally or domestically.   I have a quote for the fees for the next step in both directions.  YIKES!  Before paying the rather large international fee, I want to know that things are going to move ahead with my new country.  If they aren't, then I don't know what I'll do.  I think today's photo is rather appropriate.  Let's say it's me holding the first piece of the puzzle in this journey.

copyright: istockphoto.com/CGinspiration
 I am off to Victoria after work on Thursday to attend a meeting on Friday about local adoptions in B.C.  I have been given personal leave to attend this event and it would be great if something happened.  The time, energy, blood, sweat, tears and I hate to say it but money, a local adoption would save would be amazing.  I'll post more when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment