Wednesday 21 December 2011

It will be a miracle if this adoption ever happens! I feel like giving up!

I got an email from my agency this morning saying I was being passed to another worker.   I can't seem to get an answer about a letter I need from the Ministry here and am contemplating a trip to Toronto just to get Form A (consulate and lawyer) signed as it could take forever here!  Some of the blogs I am following are quite difficult to read on days like today.  Please don't get me wrong, I am happy for all these people, but how did they get such young children?  To bring 7-12 month old babies home, wow!    Now it seems it is a three year old or older!   I had a very good converstation with the agnecy in Ontario for my new country last Thursday and  once they get my dossier believe things might move forward.  I loook forward to working with them.  To put together my dossier, I need a couple of questions answered at a local level here first.  

All the delays are so frustrating.  As another blogger said, she hates Friday as it is another week gone by with nothing happening.  We have had long weekends and now of course have the Christmas holidays to slow things down!!!!!

I did manage to find the Fisher Price Deluxe Nativity set yesterday in Zellers.  I was beginning to think Canada is too politically correct and that I should engage in south of the border shopping as many Vancouverites do.  I can see why they go now!   I was getting desperate as  US Toys R Us website had it but not the Canadian!  Wallmart up here didn't have it either!   Please Canada, let's not forget the true meaning of Christmas in our drive to be politically correct!!  Needless to say my enthusiasm and joy in finding it were dashed this morning by a couple of emails.

Things could be worse, way worse I know that.  I didn't put up any decorations this year and with today's news, any hopes of a little one for next year seem dashed!  God give me strength, patience and wisdom.  I need them all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Don't give up hope!! Things will work themselves out the way they are meant to be. I was a bit unmotivated when it came to putting up Christmas decorations too, but decided I couldn't let the bumps in the road discourage me. Have a merry Christmas I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete