Monday 16 July 2012

Decline in the number of international adoptions

In searching to see how many BC agencies are working with my country, as I have some legitimate concerns, I found this article on another local agency website.  It doesn't paint a very bright picture for those of us waiting to adopt internationally.  It is very frustrating when there are many orphans world wide that need homes! 

Things are still at a stand still and I am TRYING to find out information on another agency back east and need to talk to a fellow blogger this week.  I just need to know that something is happening for me.  To change countries at this point is incredibly costly and I'm not sure I have the money to do so.   My confidence, trust and faith are at all time lows!

One blog I am following talked about another "childless Christmas" this year.  I couldn't believe it when I read it because it is how I feel.  When I went back to look for it to link to it, I couldn't find it!  Obviously I read it somewhere else, I hope that's the case, otherwise my mind is playing tricks on me.  I know this sounds strange, "a childless Christmas" but I so would love the to do, see and be a part of the Santa thing.  Don't get me wrong, I am grateful for my family and having a place to go for Christmas, but I would so love to see a child enjoy Christmas.  I also look forward to maintaing family traditions and building new ones with my child.

I am trying to count my blessings.  My mum saw some show on TV a while ago that was about some woman's book on gratitude, sorry, I am not good with names, and apparently each day we should find 10 things we are thankful for. I started to make a list for you but only got to six!  I guess the first one,
"Family and friends (that includes my online blogging friends) that love me, care about me and support me." I could break into three! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Elizabeth, I discovered your blog through F in Ottawa's blog. We know each other! I'm not sure if you are referring here to my blog, where I talked about a childless Christmas, but I'm at dreamingunderthesamemoon/blogspot. I haven't been inspired to write for a while but I'm going to try to pick it up again. K

    ReplyDelete