Friday 4 November 2011

What a week!

copyright: istockphoto.com/RuthBlack
A big thank you to the many people who have offered me support this week.  A friend of a friend for her connections in getting me a second opinion, the niece of my neighbour's boss who shared the story of her amazing adoption through fostering, my friend D for sharing her family with me again on Wednesday night - I can't wait for December 1 - Happy Birthday M&C, the author of 'On My Way Again' for sharing her story and offering advice, and my good friend and neighbour for sitting with me this morning and supporting me.  But this isn't all!  Thank you to some very special colleagues, you know who you are, for your support, TLC, encouragement and understanding this week, and as always my friends who I talk to you on the phone and who are following this blog.  I keep saying that when this is all over in whatever shape or form success winds up taking, there is going to be one big party and you are all invited.  Now I would like to be able to say the two words above to my local agency!   Last week I asked for a meeting for this week but I have had no contact with them.  It is getting pretty frustrating!  The process right now feels very much like this!
copyright: istockphoto.com/DNY59
 Oh, how I would like some direction.  I sent an email to my agency today requesting that I would like to move forward with the domestic part of my journey by registering on Canada Adopts  I am rounding up photos to try and post for my profile but still have to sit down and write my 'Dear Birth Mother' letter.  The birth mum I heard speak in September had a lovely saying for what adoption is.  The picture below kind of explains it.

copyright: istockphoto.com/kycstudio

To sign off tonight, I 'll share one more picture from  istockphoto.com   I think it is quite relevant to the adoption process.

copyright: istockphoto.com/esolla

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your comment. You are definitely getting the gist of adoption... and there are certainly more bumps in the roads for some people than others, but at the end of the day, when you FINALLY get your child in your arms, you will forget about all the frustrations that you endured along the way (or at least most of them). I'm glad you have good people surrounding you.... they are so important!

    ReplyDelete