Sunday 17 February 2013

The ABC's of International Adoption - Part Two

Here goes for a few more letters: 
Source: Concise Oxford English Dictionary

flail around/about (pg. 539) - flounder or struggle
I was flailing in this process until Friday morning.  I was beginning to feel a bit like a fish out of water!

guarded (pg. 632) - cautious and having possible reservations
I now have some very guarded optimism.

I am off to a meeting but wanted to throw those two words up!  Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

3 comments:

  1. :-O
    Elizabeth!!! Don't leave us waiting! What is this "guarded optimism" about?!
    gen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Gen above!! hoping for more info. from you...sounds positive!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Gen and Francesca! Sounds like good news...possibly?!

    ReplyDelete