Thursday 4 October 2012

500 Days!

What a strange title for a post!  Last night, procrastinating work as always, it was well past 11:00 p.m.  I thought I'd catch up on some blog reading.  Out of curiosity I thought I wonder how many days the 'waiting ticker' amounts to.  Taking 30 days for a month, I realized it was 499 days.  Today my friends makes 500 days!   A strange way to look at, and I don't know what made me do this, but interesting that it was such an even, clean, round number!  Well my thoughts are only that I am in a very different place in another 500 days.  Judging from the blogs of other waiting parents, I am being realistic not pessimistic!

My kids, well my actually my students, wrote Thanksgiving poems.  (Us Canadians celebrate the second Monday in October.)  One little boy wrote, "I am thankful for my mum when she tucks me in after I've had a bad dream."  I just wanted to hug him.  What a special relationship he has with his mother and it shows!  He is one of those students you could just bring home.  I am thankful for having him in my class to share his warmth and love of family.  I hope families cherish these poems and this kind of writing.  It warms my heart and soul!

Here's another one for you pet lovers.  The world's most lovable cocker spaniel has the most enormous fan club possible, an entire elementary school, but more importantly a wonderful family.  My student wrote about her beloved dog, "I am thankful for M because when I see him he makes me smile."  Check out Oscar!   If it weren't for the anti-pet rules in my apartment building I would adopt, well I guess buy, Oscar.

Trying to keep my chin up and count my blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment